Monday, May 25, 2009

RowofLife Wins Pride Award in LB Parade




RowofLife wins Pride Award in Long Beach Parade by Deb
May 18, 2009

I pulled Angela’s pairs Ocean Rowing Boat in the Long Beach Pride Parade on May 17, 2009. It was the third straight year we have been an entry into the parade. This year we won the Pride Award. We are very excited to given this award!

I was not happy to pull the boat without Angela, but she insisted that I do so to bring awareness to the PirateRow Project. I made 11x17 prints of the PirateRow postcards and pasted them on the RowofLife boat. I handed out lots of postcards to people who pasted the boat in the staging area. Our friends Lisa Barrett, Jill Nikano, and Tina Musto were kind enough to help me. Jill and Tina rode on the boat and threw candy to the crowd, well until an official made them stop! Lisa rode with me in the RowofLife Van. All and all a successful day with lots of awareness raised for the Indian Ocean row.

No comments:

RowofLife Journey-YouTube Video by Sageweb